I’m a street-walkin’ cheetah with a heart full of napalm…by which I mean I approach every class with the emotional intensity of a phoenix rising from the pedagogical ashes. My primary method of teaching history is through illuminating lectures coupled with analysis of historical documents. My mission is to develop committed, thoughtful scholars who love America and appreciate our nation’s many contributions to humanity, global security, prosperity, and the human condition. I also make lots of South Park references.
What do you like about teaching at TBCS?
Teaching at TBCS is fun and engaging. I also get to test out my stand-up material. I love teaching at TBCS because of the freedom I have to craft my courses and to explore students' interests in a subject.
- Courses and Grade Levels:
- Honors US History (10th)
- US Government (11th and 12th)
- Philosophy (10th-12th)
- History of 20th Century American Popular Music (9th-12th)
- Music Ensemble (9th-12th)
- AP Comparative Government (11th and 12th)
- AP US History (11th)
- Certifications and Honors:
- Trinity-Byrnes Collegiate School Teacher of the Year, 2013-2014
- AP US History Conference Certificate
- AP US Government and Politics Conference Certificate
- B.A. in History, University of South Carolina
- M.A. in History, University of Tennessee