As a math teacher, I encourage my students to be active, engaged learners who are enthusiastic about math and able to apply the concepts in their “real” lives.
Certainly not all students arrive in 7th grade with the same knowledge base. In order to individualize instruction, I employ strategies from my graduate work in Instructional Accommodation. I address all modalities of learning, which includes using the Educreations application to set up video libraries of all my lessons so that students can view them whenever (and however many times) they need to.
What do you like about teaching at TBCS?
I love teaching at TBCS because of the excellent and close-knit faculty, supportive parents, and most of all my wonderful middle school students! It is a joy and privilege to be a part of this school!
- Courses and Grade Levels:
- Math 7 (7th)
- 07 Pre-Algebra
- 08 Pre-Algebra
- Pre-Al (8th)
- Algebra I H
- Certifications and Honors:
- 2017 TBCS Board of Trustees "Love of Teaching" Award
- Optimist Five-Star Teacher Award
- SCISA Middle School Teacher of the Year Finalist, 2005
- Middle School Mathematics
- Master of Education Degree from Francis Marion University