Classes are developed and structured to include all students at all levels. Basic ballet technique, creativity, and imagination are introduced and strengthened from year to year. Students work in groups and individually. Basic technique provides students with a firm dance foundation, which in turn allows them to experiment and attempt new and more difficult dance combinations. Middle School Dance and Dance 1 have subject-based projects such as "Dance and Society" and "Dance through the Decades". Choreography is introduced. Dance 2 and 3 have more involved projects such as "Dance Forms and Their Evolution" and "Dance and Stagecraft", as well as choreographing, staging, and rehearsing original pieces. A final performance serves as the culminating project.
What do you like about teaching at TBCS?
I love the freedom to learn that prevails here at TBCS. The atmosphere is one of acceptance and giving. The students are curious and eager which makes teaching a pleasure.
- Courses and Grade Levels:
- Middle School Dance (7th and 8th), Upper School Dance 1, 2, and 3.
- Certifications and Honors:
- Principal Dancer-Pacific Northwest Ballet, Seattle, WA
- Principal Dancer-Roubaix, France
- Ballet Mistress-Roubaix, France
- Ballet Mistress-Monte Carlo, Monaco
- Artistic Director, South Carolina Dance Theatre, Florence, SC
- B.F.A. in Dance, University of North Carolina School of the Arts