I have the privilege of teaching ESOL. I try to make my class fun with a friendly atmosphere. English for Speaker of Other Languages (ESOL) provides instruction for the international students to improve the English language proiciency of students in the 10th to 12th grades. The program facilitates English language acquisition in reading, listening, speaking, and writing. ESOL classes focus on giving students the knowledge and skills that will enable them to use English language at school and in their daily lives. Lessons include current events around the world and life skills. The goal is to help the students develop English skills for both academic and personal use so that they may be successful in school.
- Courses and Grade Levels:
- ESOL, 10th-12th grades
- Certifications and Honors:
- Reading Teacher Certification, University of South Carolina
- B.S. in Elementary Education, Francis Marion University
- M.A. in Elementary Education, Francis Marion University