My students are encouraged to discover the beauties and complexities of the natural world through many different approaches. Technology in the classroom at TBCS provides students the tools to find meaningful answers to their curiosities. My role as their teacher is to guide them and hep them find their passion for learning. Some of the best experiences in my classes have been outside the classroom. My students have taken beach walks, and gone kayaking, sailing, and rainforest ecotouring to observe species in their native habitats and ecosystems. I am always looking for opportunities to work in the field.
What is it like teaching at TBCS?
Teaching at Trinity-Byrnes has been a good experience for me in that I have small classes of capable students who are as excited to learn as I am to teach. We have an active discussion on the topic being presented most classes. I have learned as much from my students as they have of me.
- Courses and Grade Levels:
- AP Biology (11th-12th)
- AP Environmental Science (11th-12th)
- Marine Biology (11th-12th)
- Biology (9th-10th)
- Certifications and Honors:
- College Board Advanced Placement Environmental Science Reader
- Fulbright Exchange Teacher
- B.A. in Biology, George Washington University
- B.S. in Biology, Shenandoah University
- M.S. in Biology, James Madison University