I love mathematics and computer science. The thrill of solving a problem, learning a new method, and exploring new and more complex problems is what drives my teaching every day. I share this love with my students and I hope they learn not only the love of mathematics, but the love of learning.
I believe every student is capable of achieving mathematical greatness. All they need is explanations, understanding, and practice. I try to teach with explanations grounded in multiple representations: graphical, numerical, algebraic, and the use of words. I have high expectations and I love to watch students exceed my expectations.
Classroom emphasis is on solving problems primarily without a calculator and spiraled learning through weekly cumulative quizzes.
- Courses and Grade Levels:
- Upper School Calculus (AP & Honors), Precalculus, Computer Science. Math Team coach.
- Certifications and Honors:
- Certification in Secondary Mathematics
- MSc Math Education, Plymouth State University